The chance to reach the Polar Circle and spend more time in Antarctica is offered by taking crucial time-saving flights. On this 10-day voyage, you will have the maximum polar experience with lots of time for exploring and a vessel with less than 70 people onboard.
6 full days in Antarctica with 12 planned excursions
Flights in both directions from Punta Arenas
Kayaking and snowshoeing available at an additional cost
Sail on a ship with a first-class captain and a high ice class rating
Shore excursions by Zodiac
Day 1 - Arrive in Punta Arenas:
Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your hotel. Attend an afternoon briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner to meet your fellow adventurers and enjoy a typical and delicious regional meal.
Day 2 - King George Island:
Begin your Antarctic adventure by flying from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. After your two hour flight, step off the plane and fill your lungs with the clear Antarctic air for the first time. After time to explore the area surrounding Chile's Frei Station and Russia's Bellingshausen station, you will board a Zodiac to take you to your expedition vessel.
Days 3 to 8 - Antarctic Peninsula:
Your cruise will journey between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. You will sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs with sea birds, penguins, seals and whales for company. Disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape with our expert polar guides. Share your daily adventures with fellow guests while enjoying spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge, and take the opportunity to attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations.
Flexibility is the key to a successful expedition in Antarctica; no journey is ever the same. The voyage route is planned by the Expedition Team to craft a unique and extraordinary experience each time, taking into account factors presented by ever changing weather and nature. Whatever your itinerary, with each expedition we will try to ensure that you explore several spots that offer the very best of the astonishing Antarctic environment. This may include visits to sites such as Hope Bay, Paulet Island, Petermann Island, Port Lockroy, Paradise Bay, the Lemaire Channel, Deception Island and many other magnificent places.
Day 9 - Punta Arenas:
Bid farewell to Antarctica, returning to King George Island and then boarding a flight back to Punta Arenas. Transfer to your hotel in Punta Arenas for the night - please note that meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and are not included in the programme.
Day 10 - Departure:
Transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight after breakfast.
Please note: The itinerary given here is for guidance only; each voyage will vary depending on opportunities to see wildlife, weather and ice conditions. In addition charter flights to and from Antarctica can be particularly prone to weather, requiring a flexible flight schedule.
- Airport/hotel transfers as indicated
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas
- Charter flights: Punta Arenas - Antarctica return
- Complimentary waterproof duffel bag
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation and meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks offered during meals
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes and any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/from voyage start and end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
70 Capacity Luxury Vessel (USD)
|Trip start and end date||Triple||Porthole||Veranda||Deluxe Veranda||Penthouse||Grand Suite||Single||Notes|
|Jan 29 2020 - Feb 7 2020||$18,995pp||$20,595pp||$23,495pp||$23,495pp||$29,995pp||$33,995pp||$33,995pp|
|Jan 24 2021 - Feb 2 2021||$18,995pp||$20,595pp||$23,995pp||$24,995pp||$29,995pp||$33,995pp||$33,995pp|