Combining the little visited Weddell Sea with the more frequented sites on the western side, this comprehensive Antarctic Peninsula experience departs in late February and early March. Benefit from travelling onboard a brand new ice-strengthened ship, with optional kayaking and snorkelling available.
7 full days in Antarctica including 14 planned excursions
Only one departure per season
Kayaking, diving and snorkelling on selected departures for an additional cost, camping and photo workshops at no cost
Complimentary parka jacket + post trip voyage journal
Day 1 - Punta Arenas:
Arrive in Punta Arenas, where you will be met and transferred to your downtown hotel. The city sits astride one of the world’s most historic trade routes and overlooks the Straits of Magellan. Today, Punta Arenas is a great mix of cultures, from Portuguese sailors to English sheep ranchers; it remains an utterly fascinating testament to Chile’s rich history. In the evening, we will gather to meet our fellow expeditioners and have a briefing on the first leg of our expedition, our flight to Antarctica!
Day 2 - King George Island:
We will transfer to Punta Arenas airport for an early morning charter flight to King George Island. The flight takes approximately 90 minutes and delays may be possible as the plane requires a clear sky with perfect visibility to take off. On arrival at King George Island our expedition team will be there to greet you and arrange your zodiac transfer to board the vessel. You’ll have time to settle into your cabin before our briefings. One of the South Shetland Islands, King George Island is located at the northern part of the Antarctic Peninsula and as such, one of the most remote places on Earth.
Days 3 to 9 - The Weddell Sea and Antarctic Peninsula West Coast:
As you settle into life onboard, we head through the Antarctic Sound to the eastern side of the Peninsula to reach the Weddell Sea. Access into the Weddell is heavily dependent on ice conditions. Our experienced crew will use their expertise to design our voyage from day to day, aiming to make zodiac excursions or landings two to three times a day. Days will be spent following whales that are feeding near the surface, cruising along spectacular ice cliffs and landing on the continent and its off-shore islands to visit seal haul outs, penguin rookies, and historic huts. We will be busy but there will plenty of time for sleep when we get home!
Day 10 - King George Island to Punta Arenas:
We approach Frei Base on King George Island and it is time to bid farewell to Antarctica and our amazing adventure before boarding a return flight to Punta Arenas, Chile. On arrival at the Punta Arenas airport, you will be transferred to a downtown hotel.
Day 11 - Punta Arenas:
After breakfast, say goodbye to your fellow passengers, as we all continue our onward journeys, undoubtedly with a newfound appreciation of the immense power of nature.
Please note: Each voyage will vary depending on ice and weather conditions, and opportunities to see wildlife. In addition flights to and from Antarctica are particularly prone to changing weather conditions, so we operate a flexible flight schedule. This itinerary therefore is for guidance only; our flexibility is key and all part of the adventure of an expeditionary cruise.
The 3-Mar-2020 departure is 13 days long, sailing from Antarctica to Ushuaia instead of flying back to South America.
- Flights to and from Punta Arenas to Antarctica as indicated in itinerary
- Pre-flight hotel night
- Transfers as indicated in itinerary
- Printed voyage photo book (1 per booking)
- Antarctic wildlife guide
- Complimentary parka jacket
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals during the voyage on full board
- All shore excursions and zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Any flights to and from points of embarkation/disembarkation
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional non-complimentary adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. laundry, beverages & communication
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
100 Capacity Classic Vessel (USD)
|Trip start and end date||Triple||Twin||Balcony Stateroom||Balcony Suite||Junior Suite||Captain's Suite||Notes|
|Mar 3 2020 - Mar 15 2020||$11,800pp||$12,900pp||$13,700pp||$16,900pp||$20,000pp||$23,000pp||
Limited Availability - please contact us
|Feb 21 2021 - Mar 3 2021||$11,800pp||$12,900pp||$13,700pp||$16,900pp||$20,000pp||$23,000pp|