This adventure is both cost effective and for those with limited time; it's an ideal way to combine Antarctica with some time in Patagonia. When you sail one way and fly back, you have the chance to combine two iconic places: Antarctica and Cape Horn. Please note, you'll only spend one day in Antarctica itself.
Six day voyage including one day in Antarctica
Ideal for combining Chile & Argentina: starts in Ushuaia & finishes in Punta Arenas
Shore excursionss by Zodiac
Optional adventure activities including snow shoeing and kayaking
Day 1 - Ushuaia to Puerto Williams:
Board your vessel in Ushuaia, Argentina and your journey begins by sailing along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile. Explore the surroundings of the southernmost town in the world, before setting sail to Cape Horn.
Day 2 - Cape Horn:
Awake in full view of legendary Cape Horn! After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, we will have arrived at Cape Horn and weather permitting, you will board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to set foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Back on board, we shall then set sail towards Antarctica, crossing the famous Drake passage named to honour Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer.
Day 3 - Sailing towards King George Island:
Heading along the Drake Passage, we are en route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. There is time for you to attend the engaging program of lectures and presentations onboard, and with our expert guides, you can watch for wildlife from the outside decks or from the glass-enclosed lounge. You might see magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, and different species of whales making their way south to Antarctica.
Day 4 - South Shetland Islands:
As we cross the Antarctic Convergence, the environment noticeably changes. This is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land - you will want to keep your camera handy! On reaching the South Shetland Islands, we will sail in ice-filled bays, in the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Your first memorable shore visit will be Zodiac to a penguin colony. Exploration will continue well into the evening as we take advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight.
Day 5 - Fly to Punta Arenas:
At King George Island, we disembark at Fildes Bay to explore the area, including the Chilean Base Frei and the Russian Base Bellingshausen. Bidding farewell to Antarctica you will board a flight to Punta Arenas, Chile and transfer to your hotel for the night - please note that meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and are not included in the programme.
Day 6 - Departure:
Transfer to Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight after breakfast.
Please note: The itinerary given here is for guidance only; each voyage will vary depending on opportunities to see wildlife, weather and ice conditions. In addition charter flights to and from Antarctica can be particularly prone to weather, requiring a flexible flight schedule.
Passengers who book to share a Twin Cabin are accommodated in a single room in Punta Arenas for which there is a mandatory supplement of US$195.
The 2-Jan-2020 departure operates in reverse and is one day longer. The single room supplement for Punta Arenas if you book to share a Twin Cabin is US$350 for that voyage.
- Airport/ hotel transfers as indicated
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas
- Flight Antarctica to Punta Arenas (or vice versa)
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation & meals on full board basis
- Complimentary drinks offered during meals
- All shore excursions and Zodiac activities
- Educational lectures by expert onboard polar guides
- Access to an onboard doctor and basic medical services
- Loan of rubber boots for the voyage's duration
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Port taxes & any entry fees to landing sites
- Parka jackets are not provided
- Any flights to/from voyage start & end points
- Any additional pre/post land services, including meals
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Optional adventure activities (e.g. kayaking)
- Visa, passport and any vaccination expenses
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature - laundry, bar tab, etc
- Customary staff gratuity at the end of the voyage
- Additional onboard purchases (i.e. gift shop)
68 Capacity Classic Vessel (USD)
110 Capacity Luxury Vessel (USD)
|Trip start and end date||Triple||Window||Promenade||Deluxe||Veranda||Penthouse||Owner's Suite||Single||Notes|
|Dec 10 2019 - Dec 15 2019||4,995||5,995||6,295||6,495||6,995||7,795||8,595||8,595|
|Jan 2 2020 - Jan 8 2020||4,995||5,995||6,295||6,995||6,995||7,795||8,595||8,595|
|Dec 10 2020 - Dec 15 2020||4,995||5,995||6,295||6,495||7,295||7,795||8,595||8,595|
|Jan 2 2021 - Jan 8 2021||4,995||5,995||6,395||6,595||7,295||7,795||8,595||8,595|